Loyd Star Home Page
Welcome to Loyd Star Attendance Center! We are a school community who cares deeply about meeting the needs of our student population and providing them with rigorous, standards-based instruction and a comprehensive educational program. Our community of learners are made up of outstanding students, an expert and dedicated staff of caring professionals, active and involved parents and a supportive community. We are committed to working together toward the success of all of the children at Loyd Star Attendance Center.
Loyd Star Attendance Center
1880 Highway 550 NW
Brookhaven, MS 39601
Robin Case, Principal
Loyd Star School Calendar 2013-2014 HERE
Current Events & Important InformationFor more Loyd Star news, CLICK Here.
- UPCOMING EVENTS
- March 3 - 11th Grade ACT at Loyd Star (paper/pencil)
- March 2-6 - 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, & 8th Grade PARCC - PBA (online)
- March 16-20 - All 4th Grade students & 5th and 6th Grade SPED students; Algebra 1 PARCC - PBA & English II PARCCC - PBA (online)
- March 30-31 - English II retest and First time Seniors (online 2-day test)
- April 6 - US History & Algebra I Retest and First time seniors (online)
- April 7 - Biology Retest and First time seniors (online)
- April 8 - Algebra I PBA PARCC for SPED students (online)
- April 9 - Kindergarten MIKAS2 post-test (online)
- April 14-16 - 3rd Grade MIKAS2 Testing (online)
- April 27-May 1 - 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, & 8th Grade PARCC - EOY (online)
- May 4-8 - All 4th grade students & 5th and 6th SPED students; Algebra I & English II PARCC - EOY (online)
- May 11 - US History (paper/pencil) & 5th Grade Science (MST2) (online)
- May 12 - Biology (paper/pencil) & 8th Grade Science (MST2) (online)
- May 18-22 - Retest 3rd graders who didn't pass April testing.
- Notice - Since Junior Preview Day at Co-Lin is on March 31, English II Part 2 SAT Retest & 1st time senior test will be on April 1. We will still take English II Part 1 on March 30.
- Spring Pictures - Spring Pictures are TOMORROW March 24.
- Congratulations - Good job to our Lady Hornet Fastpitch team they defeated Wesson and St. Al.
- Students - Students are reminded that you are not allowed to wear hats/caps and hoodies are not allowed to be worn in any building.
- 5K Walk/Run - Heritage Hill 5K Walk/Run for Orphans Entry Form March 28, 2015 at 8:30 am. Race starts in downtown Brookhaven.
- Announcement - Co-Lin is having an ACT summer boot camp for math and science on Tuesday, May 26, from 9:00-12:00 am, at Smith Hall, room 109.
- Congratulations - Congratulations to Raigan Smith and Lydia King for being selected this years's STAR students and STAR teacher.
- Senior MS Scholars - You must complete a scholarship application to be eligible for a MS Scholar Scholarship. These essays must be returned to Mrs. Redd by March 30. Also if you would like to apply for the Mississippi Tobacco Free Scholarship of $500, please come by the counselor's office to pick up a requirements sheet. Deadline to submit this essay to Mrs. Redd is April 5.
- Seniors - The following link has several scholarships that you can apply. Please read the criteria of each before applying. www.studentscholarships.org/2015scholarships.php
- Clubs - Any clubs interested in earning community service credit can volunteer for Horses for Handicapped, April 13-16. Volunteer registration process: Go to www.horsesforhandicappedms.com, click on volunteers tab, register online and fill out form then submit. if you decide to volunteer and you register, you can come get more information from Mrs. Redd.
- Seniors - If you are interested in trying out for cheer at Co-Lin, the tryouts will be held April 10 from 4:00-6:00pm and April 11 beginning at 8:30am. You must attend both sessions. Open gym will be every Wednesday night Callendar Hall from 6:00-8:00pm beginning now through April 8. Applications are in the counselor's office. Deadline to apply is March 31. If you have any questions email Brenda Smith at email@example.com
- Teachers - Make sure you are requiring students to sign in and out (with times) if they are leaving class to go to restrooms. We are experiencing problems again.