Loyd Star Home Page
Welcome to Loyd Star Attendance Center! We are a school community who cares deeply about meeting the needs of our student population and providing them with rigorous, standards-based instruction and a comprehensive educational program. Our community of learners are made up of outstanding students, an expert and dedicated staff of caring professionals, active and involved parents and a supportive community. We are committed to working together toward the success of all of the children at Loyd Star Attendance Center.
Loyd Star Attendance Center
1880 Highway 550 NW
Brookhaven, MS 39601
Robin Case, Principal
Loyd Star School Calendar 2013-2014 HERE
Current Events & Important InformationFor more Loyd Star news, CLICK Here.
- For all faculty and staff who park in front of the school near the high school building, we need you to park in the student parking lot in order that we may line up for Homecoming parade. Please note this is for Friday only. Thank you in advance.
- Juniors - Juniors will be taking ASVAB on Tuesday, Nov. 4, starting at 8:00 am, in Mrs. Lydia King's Room, Mrs. Jeannie Smith's Room, and Mrs. Kristin King's Room. Rosters will be posted on the doors as to where students are testing. Juniors you go directly to your testing room. If you have a Junior first period DO NOT count them absent Mrs. Redd will take roll from the testing rooms and mark any Juniors who are absent on this day. If you teach in this hall, please help me keep students quiet between classes on this day.
- Wow our campus is looking awesome!! Thanks to all the people who worked hard to make it that way. Loyd Star will only be what we want it to be!!
- Senior Ads - If any seniors need to proof their ads today is the deadline Nov. 10.
- Friday Night Trick-or-Treat - If you coach a team or sponsor a club or organization on campus, you have the opportunity to set up an area in the courtyard on Friday night for kids to stop by and trick-or-treat. This will be a great time for you to send out some positive PR about your club or organization. We will begin at 5:00 and go until the candy runs out. Please contact Jennifer Dickerson at 601-320-2151 or the high school office if you would like your club to participate.
- Kittens - Mr. Peagler has KITTENS! Let him know if you would like any.
- Miss Merry Christmas - Any high school senior who is interested in participating in the Miss Merry Christmas contest on Monday, Nov. 3 at 6:30, can come by the counselor's office and pick up an application. There is a $20 entrance fee. Applicants must be residents of Lincoln County. Application must be returned to the Chamber of commerce by 3:00pm, on Thursday, Oct. 30.
- Mascot - The new hornet mascot suit is in! If you would like to try out for the mascot sign up in the office lobby. We want the mascot for Homecoming day and night.
- 9th & 10th Graders - The Mississippi School for Mathematics & Science is inviting you to attend their Fall Preview Day on Friday, Nov. 7. This is a great opportunity to provide academically-talented students with an opportunity to learn more about the school. Registration is at 12:00 pm. For more information about this event, call the MSMS Admissions Office at 1-800-553-6459
- Senior Pictures - Senior who's who, Senor class officers, and Senior favorites will have their pictures taken on Thursday, October 30th. We will meet at Ms. Carol Gary's house on Natchez Avenue promptly at 4:50 PM to carpool to the nearby location for picture taking. PLEASE BE DRESSED (as requested on the last info handed out) AND ON TIME. If weather permits we will not reschedule so be there or miss out!
- Ninth Grade Girls - The Chamber of Commerce is now accepting applications for the Les' Belles. If you are interested in participating in this program, please come by the counselors office and get an application or you can pick up an application at the Lincoln County Chamber of Commerce. Deadline to apply is Nov. 3, 2014
- Tennis tryouts will be held from 4:15-6:00 on Tuesday, November 11th and Saturday, November 15th from 11:00-12:15. If needed, there will be an additional tryout on November 18th at 4:15. You must attend one of the tryouts to be considered on the 2014 - 2015 tennis team.
- As you all know it is Pee Wee homecoming time. There will be a lot of pizza and bake sales going on. Beta Club will be selling pizza every Tuesday and Thursday during break.
- Scholarships - Christian Leaders of the Future and Belhaven University are partnering to recognize 20 outstanding high school seniors whose commitment to Christ has already shown itself in their relationship among their peers and in service to others. Two students will be chosen to receive a $1000 scholarship to the college of his or her choice. The application process requires the thoughtful response to seven key questions about the student's faith and practice. If any senior is interested in applying the application and instructions are available at www.MsChristianLiving.com under the Christian Leaders tab. Deadline to apply is Dec. 5
- Senior College Applications - Seniors can now apply for the Get2College scholarship. They will give fifty $1000 scholarships to high school seniors this year. Deadline to apply is Dec. 15, 2014 can pick up applications in the counselors office or go online to www.get2college.org.
- Homecoming Week - Link to all the days and what do wear HERE. Remember that Wednesday is color war day so wear your grades color for that day!
- FFA - Honorary degrees are conferred upon individuals who have rendered outstanding service to FFA and Agriculture education. The Honorary degrees are limited at the State level and must receive a majority vote at conventions. Mrs. Case was nominated by the Loyd Star FFA Chapter for her dedication of service, cooperation and support for the local chapter and the MS FFA as well as Agriculture Education. FFA School Page Click Here.
- Vehicles on Campus - Students with VEHICLES ON CAMPUS must complete the V.O.C. form. Forms are available in the office lobby. Return completed form to Mrs. Della.