Welcome to Loyd Star Attendance Center! We are a school community who cares deeply about meeting the needs of our student population and providing them with rigorous, standards-based instruction and a comprehensive educational program. Our community of learners are made up of outstanding students, an expert and dedicated staff of caring professionals, active and involved parents and a supportive community. We are committed to working together toward the success of all of the children at Loyd Star Attendance Center.
Loyd Star Attendance Center
1880 Highway 550 NW
Brookhaven, MS 39601
Robin Case, Principal
Loyd Star School Calendar 2013-2014 HERE
Current Events & Important InformationFor more Loyd Star news, CLICK HERE
- Tennis Tryouts - Great news!! The Brookhaven City Tennis Courts are finally ready!! However, due to several upcoming basketball and soccer games, not to mention final exams and Christmas holidays, we are going to wait to hold team tryouts until after we return from break. Tryouts will be held on Monday, January 6th at 4:00 and Wednesday, January 8th at 4:00. Please make every effort to attend both tryouts. If you have any questions, please contact Coach Rhonda Hart.
- Soccer Hoodies - The Loyd Star Soccer Team is placing another order of soccer hoodies. If you would like one, they are $22 for sizes up to XL. 2XL-5XL are $24. If you are interested, please contact Mrs. Lydia King
- FFA - FFA is selling ribeye steak sandwiches for $5.00. Serve on Thursday December 12th. See FFA member or go by Ag building to purchase ticket
- Basketball Pictures - ALL basketball pictures will be taken next Tuesday, December 17 starting at 9:15 in the gym. This is the lineup for pictures: 1. HS Boys 2. HS Girls 3. JH Girls 4. JH Boys. Picture forms should be delivered to office sometime this week. Please get to Coach Britt
- Vehicles on Campus - Students with VEHICLES ON CAMPUS must complete the V.O.C. form. Forms are available in the office lobby. Return completed form to Mrs. Della.
- SOCCER GAME
- MS State University Rural Medical Scholars Program Summer Opportuntiy - Seniors or juniors who are interested in the medical can apply for the MS State University Rural Scholars program summer opportunity. This program encourages high school students interested in pursuing a career as a family medical physician. Students who are accepted will attend MSU for 5 weeks this summer (June 1-July 7) & take two pre-med courses (biology & socialogy) and observe doctors at practice. If you are interested and have a 25 or above on your ACT, please see Mrs. Redd. Deadline is March 15, 2014.
- Mrs. Franklin's A&P Class & Student Council collected over 270 canned food! Thank you so much for the support. Lauryn Bracey is the winner of the signed Lance Moore football!
- Congratulations to Seth Farmer & Haley Smith. They are our Wendy's Heisman Winners this year.
- Seniors: Burger King scholarship is now available online at www.ksmclamorefoundation.org/WhatWeDo/ScholarsProgram. Seniors must have a GPA of 2.5 or above. Deadline to apply is Jan. 10, 2014.
- Dual Enrollment - Attention Juniors & Seniors duall enrollment is available again starting in January through Colin. If you are interested in taking a class, sign up in the counselor's office by Dec. 13.
- Communtiy Service Hours - Students in grades 9-12 who would like community service hours can volunteer to work the basketball concession stand. There is a sign up list in Mrs. Redd's office for those who are interested.
- . Applications should be submitted by Jan. 24, 2014. For more information please call (662)241-6096 or email
- SATP Re-test Dates - Dec. 3 & 4, Tuesday & Wednesday - English II ( 2 Day Test) begin at 8:00 AM in Tech, Prep Computer Lab, Dec. 5, Thursday - Algebra I, Dec. 10, begin at 8:00 AM in Tech. Prep Computer Lab Tuesday - US History begins at 8:00 AM in Tech. Prep Computer Lab, Dec. 11, Wednesday - Biology I begins at 8:00 AM in Tech. Prep Computer Lab Tentative Make - up Days (if needed): Thurs., Fri., & Tues., Dec. 12, 13, & 17, 2013 - US History & Biology Make ups
- Congratulations to our Robotics team. They won the "Inspire Award" at Co-Lin. They will complete in the State Tournament in January in Jackson.
- 1st Quarter Honor Roll - The 1st 9 weeks Honor Roll is posted on the lobby window. Please check the list if you are on the honor roll.
- ACT Dates - ACT dates are posted on the counselor's bulletin board. Make sure you check deadlines to sign up for the ACT.
- FFA - The FFA is sponsoring a much needed "Recycle" program on campus. Please be aware of the various containers and put your trash in the appropriate container. It is really hard when people do not pay attention and put the wrong trash in containers specified for other materials. It takes a little effort from everyone to make this successful. Recycling is a very important endeavor and we should all "pitch in" to make it work. Thank you FFA for taking on such a worthy cause.
- Senior Scholarships - Listed in the "Counselor's Corner". Please check this regularly for updates from our school counselor, Mrs. Redd.
- Congratulations to our newly elected Who's Who, Class Officers, Favorites, Pageant winners, and Handsomes -
- Mr. & Miss Loyd Star - Bradley Archer & Haleigh Hux
- Best Dressed - Marlana Smith & Sawyer Watts
- Most Courteous - Marlana Smith & Bradley Archer
- Friendliest - Reagan Myers & Bailey Smith
- Most Likely to Succeed - Tyler Dunn & Leanne Locke
- Shyest - Ashley Jones & Dustin Hart
- Best School Spirit - Kenbrianna Foster & Bradley Archer
- Most Dependable - Tyler Dunn & Haleigh Hux
- Most Athletic - Lexie Butler & La' Treall Smith
- Most Artisitc - Ashley Jones & Sawyer Watts
- Wittiest - Caleb Windham & Kristen Britt
- Pageant Winners - Kindergarten Division - Macy Jackson, Most Beautiful, Kamryn Faith Robbins, Emma Claire King, lilly Grace Fortenberry, 1st & 2nd Grade Division - Aubrey Claire Bowman, Most Beautiful, Sayerd Harveston, Ady Locke, Madison Altman, Atleigh Anding, 3rd & 4th Divison - Allie Ferguson, Most Beautiful, Wednesday Warren, Jenna Rayne Smith, Lauren Laken Smith, Carson Hughey, 5th & 6th Divison - Madison King, Most Beautiful, Allie Faye Smith, Anna Ferguson, Morgan Brister, Kamyn Barlow, 7th & 8th Divison - Anna Katelyn Britt, Most Beautiful, Darian Strittman, Abby Thomas, Madelynn Thornton, Abigail Grace Smith, 9th & 10th Divison - Makenzie Claire Smith, Most Beautiful, Alexis Norton, Lydia Britt, Taylor Berch, Courtney Rushing, 11th & 12th Divison - Kennedy Foster, Most Beautiful, Kimberly Anding, P'Laura King, Megan Givens, Abigail Hux
- 9-12 Handsomes - Brett Calcote, Most Handsome. Hayden Brownlee, Seth Farmer, Jordan Michell, Caleb Yarborough
- 7-8 Handsomes - Brent Cade, Most Handsom, Blayne Brister, Cade Hodges, Logan Murray, Dane Smith
- 7th Grade - President: Katelyn Smith, Vice President: Brent Cade, Secretary: Dane Smith, Treasurer: Rials Hester
- 8th Grade - President: Bryson Brister, Vice President: Blayne Brister, Secretary; Madison Brister, Treasurer: Brantley Brister
- 9th Grade - President: Courtney Wyant, Vice President: Lesley Walker, Secretary: Pollyanna Patterson, Treasurer: Jered Smith
- 10th Grade - President: Toni Banks, Vice President: Madison Jones, Secretary: Megan Norton, Treasurer: Kelsie McCullough
- 11th Grade - President: Marcey Givens, Vice President: Caitlyn Cade, Secretary: Jordan Michel, Treasurer: Megyn Rhoads
- Senior Class Officers - President: Haley Smith, Vice President: Leanne Locke, Secretary: Anna Noble, Treasurer: Tyler Dunn
- 7th Grade - Anna Kaitlyn Britt, Kaitlyn Smith, Braden Ezell, Brent Cade
- 8th Grade - Halee Henderson, Julecia Smith, Cade Hodges, Dylan Smith
- 9th Grade - Faith Bergeron, Taylor Berch, Konnor Allen, Parker Flowers
- 10th Grade - Julie Smith, Toni Banks, Nathan Britt, Gene Evans
- 11th Grade - Victoria Cupit, Caitlyn Cade, Hayden Brownlee, Peyton Flowers
- Senior Class Favorites - Haleigh Hux, Lexi Butler, Kenbrianna Foster, Ashley Walker, Bailey Smith, La' Treall Smith, Dustin Hart, Sawyer Watts
- Beta Club News -
- Beta Club meetings for 2013-2014 school year will be on Thursdays during break.
- The Mississippi Senior Beta Club convention will be held on February 16-19, 2014. The convention is held in Tupelo. The cost for the convention this year is $190. This includes your convention registration, hotel room, convention t-shirt, and five meals. A deposit of $25 is due Friday, November 15, 2013. Balances must be paid by Friday, January 17, 2014.
- Two of our community service projects for this year will be on the flower bed outside of the Math and Science Building and Blair E. Batson Children's Hospital.
- Members please keep up with your community service hours.
- Early Dismissal - It is under accountablity standards that students who leave school early must sign out. We are going to be audited on this issue. Accountability Standards and Process Standards are required to be met by state law.
- Congratulations - Our principal, Mrs. Robin Case, was elected to serve as the MHSAA District 7 - 2A Executive Committee Member for the 2013 - 2014 term. This committee serves as the legislative body for MHSAA and governs all proposals concerning athletics and other MHSAA sanctioned activities.
- Football Boosters are selling a variety of shirts - Order forms may be picked up in office lobby. If you order, please remember to bring order form with payment and place in the box inside the office door.
- Early Dismissal (11th and 12th grade only) - Remember you may ONLY sign out in office prior to leaving campus.
- Student insurance forms are available in the office lobby.
- ACT Rule: Any student who registers for the ACT must now upload a picture to actstudent.org and print it on their admission ticket to be admitted to the ACT. Students who do not have this picture printed on their admission ticket will NOT be allowed to enter the testing room on the ACT testing date.