Loyd Star Home Page
Welcome to Loyd Star Attendance Center! We are a school community who cares deeply about meeting the needs of our student population and providing them with rigorous, standards-based instruction and a comprehensive educational program. Our community of learners are made up of outstanding students, an expert and dedicated staff of caring professionals, active and involved parents and a supportive community. We are committed to working together toward the success of all of the children at Loyd Star Attendance Center.
Loyd Star Attendance Center
1880 Highway 550 NW
Brookhaven, MS 39601
Robin Case, Principal
Loyd Star School Calendar 2013-2014 HERE
Current Events & Important InformationFor more Loyd Star news, CLICK HERE
- Names for the 7-11 class elections is posted on lobby window.
- Cross Country Track Team -The next Cross Country competition is on the Clinton Choctaw Trails Saturday Morning for the MS Season Opener First Meet.
- Upcoming activities:
- September 1 - Labor Day Holiday
- September 4 - School Pictures K-11
- September 10 - 1st Progress Reports
- September 19 - Pep Rally - Sting Bowl @ 10:00
- September 20 - Beauty Pageant @ Co-Lin
- Vehicles on Campus - Students with VEHICLES ON CAMPUS must complete the V.O.C. form. Forms are available in the office lobby. Return completed form to Mrs. Della.
- ACT Rule: Any student who registers for the ACT must now upload a picture to actstudent.org and print it on their admission ticket to be admitted to the ACT. Students who do not have this picture printed on their admission ticket will NOT be allowed to enter the testing room on the ACT testing date.
- Cafeteria News - Due to the new cafeteria system we are asking students to take their time when going pass the cashier. If you are purchasing extra items, please tell the cashier.
- The Balfour rep will be here on Tuesday, September 9 at 9:15 to meet with Jr. High students about class rings.
- The football boosters are selling Hornet football t-shirts. Order forms are in the office lobby and are due back in by Friday, August 22.
- Loyd Star Cross Country Team will be selling Loyd Star window stickers for $5 with two designs to choose from.
- Loyd Star Cross Country Team has LS XC t-shirts for sale. Forms are located in the office lobby. Deadline is September 10.
- Community Service Hours for grades 9-12: The 2014 Lincoln County Wildlife Expo is Friday & Saturday, Sept. 12 & 13. They are in need of volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering and receiving community service hours, you can come by the counselor's office and pick up a volunteer from for your parents to complete. These forms must be turned into the counselor's office by September 2.
- If any seniors have not picked out their formal picture for the yearbook from Johnny Smith please see MS. Davis. She can help you with that.
- Beauty pageant forms are available in the high school office for girls in grades 7-12. Our Beauty Pageant is scheduled for September 20, 2014 at CO-Lin.
- The Hornet band is selling tickets for Sept. 12 - chicken on a stick. If you would like to place an order see a band member.
- Outstanding Job to our Loyd Star Football Team for their blowout win in the Possum Bowl! Final Score was 55-0
- COOKIES!! - Senior Beta Club has cookie dough for sale!
- Softball Tryouts - Any 7th-12th grade girls who is interested in trying out fir the fast pitch team needs to sign up in Coach Delaughter's room no later than Sep. 8th.