Welcome to Loyd Star Attendance Center! We are a school community who cares deeply about meeting the needs of our student population and providing them with rigorous, standards-based instruction and a comprehensive educational program. Our community of learners are made up of outstanding students, an expert and dedicated staff of caring professionals, active and involved parents and a supportive community. We are committed to working together toward the success of all of the children at Loyd Star Attendance Center.
Loyd Star Attendance Center
1880 Highway 550 NW
Brookhaven, MS 39601
Robin Case, Principal
Loyd Star School Calendar 2013-2014 HERE
Current Events & Important InformationFor more Loyd Star news, CLICK HERE
- Cross Country Track Team -
- Upcoming activities:
- August 20 - Senior Class picture 9:15 in Courtyard
- August 22 - Pep Rally - Possum Bowl @ 9:00
- September 1 - Labor Day Holiday
- September 4 - School Pictures K-11
- September 10 - 1st Progress Reports
- September 19 - Pep Rally - Sting Bowl @ 10:00
- September 20 - Beauty Pageant @ Co-Lin
- Vehicles on Campus - Students with VEHICLES ON CAMPUS must complete the V.O.C. form. Forms are available in the office lobby. Return completed form to Mrs. Della.
- ACT Rule: Any student who registers for the ACT must now upload a picture to actstudent.org and print it on their admission ticket to be admitted to the ACT. Students who do not have this picture printed on their admission ticket will NOT be allowed to enter the testing room on the ACT testing date.
- OPEN HOUSE - August 19 From 5:30 until 7:00. Parents are encouraged to come meet their child's teachers.
- Cafeteria News - Due to the new cafeteria system we are asking students to take their time when going pass the cashier. If you are purchasing extra items, please tell the cashier.
- Meet the Hornets will be held Tuesday, August 19 @ 7:00 in the gym.
- The Balfour rep will be here on Tuesday, September 9 at 9:15 to meet with Jr. High students about class rings.
- The football boosters are selling Hornet football t-shirts. Order forms are in the office lobby and are due back in by Friday, August 22.
- FCA will be meeting this Thursday August 21 at 7:15.
- FFA needs volunteers for selling ice cream at the open house on Aug. 19 5:30-7:00 pm. They need help with bringing cookies, brownies, homemade ice cream, and drinks. Let Mrs. Chris Maddox know if you can help!