Loyd Star Home Page
Welcome to Loyd Star Attendance Center! We are a school community who cares deeply about meeting the needs of our student population and providing them with rigorous, standards-based instruction and a comprehensive educational program. Our community of learners are made up of outstanding students, an expert and dedicated staff of caring professionals, active and involved parents and a supportive community. We are committed to working together toward the success of all of the children at Loyd Star Attendance Center.
Loyd Star Attendance Center
1880 Highway 550 NW
Brookhaven, MS 39601
Robin Case, Principal
Loyd Star School Calendar 2013-2014 HERE
Current Events & Important InformationFor more Loyd Star news, CLICK Here.
- Yearbooks are $65 through Dec. 15. You can order online or through the office. They will go up to $75 after Christmas. Saftey Information at Basketball Games No students may leave the basketball game to go out of the gym. Students are not to hang out in the lobby.
- Blood Drive in memory of Peyton Flowers will be held on Dec. 4 from 8:00 until 2:00.
- Tennis Tryouts - Due to frigid temperatures and other conflicts, tennis tryouts for this week have been cancelled and will be rescheduled for a later date. If you have any questions, please contact Coach Hart.
- Dec. SATP retest dates: Dec. 2& 3 - English II 2-Day retest Dec. 8 - Algebra & US History Retest Dec. 9 - Biology Retest
- Meet the Hornets - Meet the Hornets will be Friday, Nov. 21 beginning at 6:00 for soccer and basketball. Everyone is invited!
- Honor Roll - The first 9 weeks honor roll is posted on the lobby window. Check the list if you made honor roll.
- Seniors & Juniors: If you would like to take a dual enrollment class starting in January, please come by the counselor's office by Nov. 14, and sign the list. you can take anything that Co-Lin offers but we are going to try and offer English Comp II on our campus. Co-Lin has changed payment methods. you DO NOT have to pay in advance. They will bill you for the class.
- Lucky Day Scholarship - The University of Mississippi is now offering the Lucky Day Scholarship Program. This scholarship is based on both academic accomplishments and financial obligations. If you are a senior this year and interested in attending Ole Miss, the scholarship application deadline is January 5, 2015
- Congratulations to Ruby McCullough who was chosen for the Female Wendy's Heisman finalist from Loyd Star and congratulations to Hayden Brownlee and Jordan Michel. They tied for the Male Wendy's Heisman finalist from Loyd Star.
- Peyton Tee-Shirts - We have order forms for Peyton shirts in the office lobby. We also are selling window clings with "S" Superman and #42 for $10 to benefit his family.
- Pre-Pharmacy - Students who are interested in the Pre-Pharmacy program at Ole Miss can attend Pre-Pharmacy Preview Day on Nov. 24. This event is designated primarily for high school seniors but all are welcome. Registration for this event can be found at
- Seniors - Plum Creek Community Scholarship is now available. The application can be found at sms.scholarshipamerica.org/plumcreek. Application deadline is January 27, 2015.
- Scholarships - Christian Leaders of the Future and Belhaven University are partnering to recognize 20 outstanding high school seniors whose commitment to Christ has already shown itself in their relationship among their peers and in service to others. Two students will be chosen to receive a $1000 scholarship to the college of his or her choice. The application process requires the thoughtful response to seven key questions about the student's faith and practice. If any senior is interested in applying the application and instructions are available at www.MsChristianLiving.com under the Christian Leaders tab. Deadline to apply is Dec. 5
- Senior College Applications - Seniors can now apply for the Get2College scholarship. They will give fifty $1000 scholarships to high school seniors this year. Deadline to apply is Dec. 15, 2014 can pick up applications in the counselors office or go online to www.get2college.org.
- Vehicles on Campus - Students with VEHICLES ON CAMPUS must complete the V.O.C. form. Forms are available in the office lobby. Return completed form to Mrs. Della.