Tuesday, Nov 27, 2018
Character Quality for the week of Nov 26 –Nov 30 – Punctuality vs Tardiness
Punctuality - Showing respect for other people and the limited time that they have.
Health Tip of the Week: - Eat Healthy This Holiday Season! Eat more fruits and vegetables, less sugar, and fewer carbonated beverages and processed foods. Have regular family meals and be a good role model by eating healthy yourself.
- Tuesday, Nov 27 – Basketball – HOME – WL vs Puckett – JVB 5:00/VG 6:00/7:30 VB (4:00 Bland/Spring)
- Tuesday, Nov 27 – Soccer – HOME – WL vs Bogue Chitto – JVB 4:30/VG 5:30/7:30 VB (3:30 Sterling)
- Thursday, Nov 29 – Basketball – AWAY – WL vs Enterprise – JHG 5:00/JHB 6:00
- Friday, Nov 30 – Basketball – HOME – WL vs Wesson – JHG 4:00/JHB 5:00/VG 6:00/VB 7:30 (3:15 Smithhart/Spears)
JINGLE JAM: Jingle Jam will be Tuesday December 18, 2018 at 6:00pm in the gym. Grades K-6 will be performing along with some great solo acts, Jr high and Varsity Cheerleaders, and the Green Line Dance team. If you are a student in grades 7-12 and are interested in performing, please see Ms. Dedra to sign up.
GARBAGE BAGS: Fast pitch softball players are selling 30 gallon and 55 gallon trash bags for $12 per roll. Please see a softball player to order. The deadline to order is FRIDAY, Nov 30.
KRISPY KREME: The powerlifting team is selling Krispy Kreme donuts. You may purchase a dozen of glazed for $9 or a dozen of chocolate iced or crème filled for $12. Please see a member of the powerlifting team or Coach Bland to order. The deadline is Friday, Dec. 7.
MS BLOOD SERVICE: Mississippi Blood Services will be here on WEDNESDAY, Nov. 28, from noon – 6:00 p.m. If you would like to donate, please sign up outside Coach Redd’s door. You must be 16 or older in order to donate. If you are 16 you must have a parent’s permission or anyone wishing to donate blood. Students may not check out of school to donate.
JR BETA: There will be a meeting TODAY at 1st break in Mrs. Stephanie Noble’s room for the members that are participating in the Christmas parade.
YEARBOOKS: Purchase your 2018-2019 yearbook through Dec. 21 for the discounted price of $50. From Dec 21-Jan 25 the price will increase to $60. Please make checks payable to West Lincoln. Extra forms are available in the office.
BABY SHOWER: There will be a baby shower honoring Kayla Anding on Wednesday, December 5, in the teachers’ lounge. We will be showering her little one who will be here soon. She is having a little boy, Canaan Lee! Please see Mrs. Lofton for any questions.
FCA: Friday at 7:30 in Coach Addison’s room.
December 24-January 4 – Christmas Holidays
December 19-21 – 1st Semester Exams
- TAYLOR PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP – Applications are available in Mrs. Monica’s office for those seniors that are planning on attending Co-Lin next year. Deadline to apply is February 1, 2019.
- DIXIE YOUTH BASEBALL – Applications are available in Mrs. Monica’s office. You must have participated in a Dixie Youth Baseball program when you were 12 yrs old or younger. Deadline to apply is February 1, 2019.
- National Beta Scholarship Application for senior Beta members opens Nov. 1. Deadline is Jan 24, 2019. For more info, visit betaclub.org/scholarship.
- MS Association of Supervisors Scholarship -- for students who have an immediate family member currently working for or retired from a MS county government (not a school district). Please see application in HS foyer for details, or visit MAS website at http://www.mssupervisors.org/scholarship-program. Deadline is March 1, 2019.
- GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program – for seniors who demonstrate leadership, integrity and citizenship. Students can apply at reaganfoundation.org/scholarships. Deadline is Jan. 4, 2019.