Monday, Nov 5, 2018
Character Quality for the week of Nov 5 –Nov 9 – Availability vs Self-centeredness
Availability - Being accessible to the needs of others.
Health Tip of the Week: - Get Your Vitamins! The best source is the foods you eat. Nutrition experts contend that all we need is what's typically found in a routine diet. Plan well and eat well!
- Monday, Nov 5 – Basketball – HOME – WL vs Loyd Star – JHG 5:00/JHB 6:00 (4:00 J. Rushing/S. Rushing)
- Monday, Nov 5 – Cross Country – MHSAA 2A State Championship @ Choctaw – VG 3:00/VB 3:30/Awards 4:15 (Bus leaves at 10:15)
- Tues, Nov 6 – Basketball – AWAY – WL vs Wesson – JHG 4:00/JHB5:00/VG 6:00/VB 7:30
Thurs, Nov 7 – Basketball – AWAY – WL vs Adams Co. Christian- VG 6:00/VB 7:30 THIS GAME IS CANCELLED AND WILL NOT BE MADE UP
FUNDRAISER: Student Council is selling World’s Finest Chocolate bars for $1 each.
VETERAN’S DAY PROGRAM: The annual Veteran’s Day program will be held at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 9, in the Jack Case Gymnasium. All students and faculty are encouraged to wear red, white and blue. There will be a reception to honor all Veterans following the program in the library.
SENIORS: Mr. Box will meet with seniors TODAY at 1st break in the library to go over senior invitations. He will return on Tuesday, Nov 13 at 7:30 to take orders.
YEARBOOKS: Purchase your 2018-2019 yearbook through Dec. 21 for the discounted price of $50. From Dec 21-Jan 25 the price will increase to $60. Please make checks payable to West Lincoln. Extra forms are available in the office.
SCHOOL PICTURES: Picture retakes will be Nov 14.
BEAUTY & BEAU PAGEANT: The Beauty & Beau pageant will be Saturday, Nov 24, starting with kindergarten at 3:00 p.m. at Southwest MS Community College.
COMMUNITY SERVICE: Students who have significant community service and would be interested in applying for the 2019 Prudential Spirit of Community Awards can learn more at spirit.prudential.com. Deadline is Nov. 6, 2018.
FCA: Friday at 7:30 in Coach Addison’s room.
- TAYLOR PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP – Applications are available in Mrs. Monica’s office for those seniors that are planning on attending Co-Lin next year. Deadline to apply is February 1, 2019.
- DIXIE YOUTH BASEBALL – Applications are available in Mrs. Monica’s office. You must have participated in a Dixie Youth Baseball program when you were 12 yrs old or younger. Deadline to apply is February 1, 2019.
- National Beta Scholarship Application for senior Beta members opens Nov. 1. Deadline is 1/24/19. For more info, visit betaclub.org/scholarship.
- MS Association of Supervisors Scholarship -- for students who have an immediate family member currently working for or retired from a MS county government (not a school district). Please see application in HS foyer for details, or visit MAS website at http://www.mssupervisors.org/scholarship-program. Deadline is March 1, 2019.