Wednesday, Oct 9, 2019
Character Quality for the week of Oct 7th – 9th – Gratefulness
Gratefulness - Making known to others in what ways they have benefited my life.
Health Tip of the Week: - Avoid Nature Deficit Disorder! Cut back on technology such as tv, cell phones, internet, and digital games and enjoy the great outdoors. Many stress related problems can be reversed by spending more time outdoors at places like the zoo, the beach, a local park, or a walk in the woods.
- Friday, Oct 11 – Football – AWAY – WL vs Enterprise – 7:00
- Thurs, Oct 17 – Cross Country - @ Choctaw Trails – HSG 5:00/HSG 5:30/Awards 6:15 – Dismiss from class – 2:45 Bus leaves at 2:55 HS only
- Friday, Oct 18 – Football – AWAY – WL vs Loyd Star – 7:00
- Saturday, Oct 19 – Pee Wee Football – HOME – WL vs Wesson
- 3rd/4th Grade – 10:00/12:00
- 5th/6th Grade – 11:00/1:00
FALL BREAK: Student/teacher holiday on Oct 10 & 11. Student/teacher assistant holiday on Oct 14.
SCHOOL PICTURES: Order forms and retake forms are due to the office TODAY!
BOOSTER: There is a Booster Club meeting on Monday, October 14 at 6:00 p.m. in the library.
PEE WEE CHEER: Saturday, Oct 19 at West Lincoln
K-2 – Game at 9:45
5-6 – Game at 10:45
3-4 Game at 11:15
BEAUTY PAGEANT: The West Lincoln Beauty & Beau Pageant will be Jan. 11, 2020 at Southwest Mississippi Community College. Grades K-6 will begin at 3:00 p.m. with a 20 min intermission with grades 7-12 to follow. Elementary can pick up a packet from Mrs. Misty’s office. Grades 7-12 may pick up a packet from Mrs. McEwen or Mrs. Monica’s office.
YEARBOOKS: Yearbooks are on sale online at jostensyearbook.com for $55 until January 10. Order forms will go home on Nov. 1. The price will increase to $65 after January 10. The final deadline to purchase a yearbook is January 24.
HAPPY CART: The Happy Cart is sponsored by the following grades on the dates listed below. All donations need to be in Mrs. Monica’s office by 8:00 a.m. on Friday of the week your grade is sponsoring! Thank you parents and PTO for all you do for us!
- Oct 14-18 – 5th Grade
- Oct 21-25 – 6th Grade
- Nov 1 – Pleasant Grove Baptist Church Children’s Ministry
- Nov. 8 – Arlington Baptist Church
FCA: Will meet FRIDAY at 7:30 in the Spanish room.
There will be a “Getting Ready for College” session for all Senior Parents on October 22 at 5:30 p.m. in the library. Information will also be provided regarding graduation and scholarship applications and deadlines.
- MORA (Mississippi Organ Recovery Agency) Scholarship – Seniors must be a registered organ donor. Information and application are in the HS foyer. Deadline is Nov. 8, 2019.