Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Character Quality for the week of April 23 – April 26 – Fairness vs. Partiality
Fairness - Looking at a decision from the viewpoint of each person involved.
Health Tip of the Week: - Avoid Nature Deficit Disorder! Cut back on technology such as tv, cell phones, internet, and digital games and enjoy the great outdoors. Many stress related problems can be reversed by spending more time outdoors at places like the zoo, the beach, a local park, or a walk in the woods
- Tuesday, April 16 – Golf – AWAY @ BCC – 8:00
PROGRESS REPORTS: Progress reports will go home TOMORROW and are due back on FRIDAY with a parents signature.
- Jr. Volunteer Program - Must be 15-18 yrs. of age with GPA of 2.5 or higher. Applications in HS foyer. Must be returned to Human Resources Office by Friday, May 4.
BOSTON BUTT: Boston butts are on sale now through TODAY. They are $35 each and can be ordered through any athlete, any student in grades 4th-8th, or either office. These will be precooked and in just in time for Mother’s Day!
PTO: There will be a PTO meeting on May 7 at 6:00 pm in the library. All members need to be present for officer elections.
BAKE SALES: There will be a bake sale for grades K-12 on WEDNESDAY and FRIDAY of this week.
LETTERMAN JACKETS: Mr. Box will return Friday, April 26, at 1st break to take orders for letterman jackets and class rings.
BASKETBALL TRYOUTS: Jr high basketball tryouts for boys and girls will be May 7-8. These tryouts will be during school hours. Varsity girls tryouts will be April 30 from 3:00-4:15. Varsity boys tryouts will be May 1 from 3:00-4:15. Sign-up sheets have been posted outside both offices. You must have a physical on file in order to tryout.
FCA: Friday at 7:30 in Coach Addison’s room.
Progress Reports – April 24
Athletic Banquet – May 14 @ 6:00 p.m.
Awards Day – May 17
Kindergarten Graduation – May 20 @ 6:30 p.m.
Students’ Last Day (60% day) – May 23
West Lincoln Graduation – May 23 at 8:00 p.m
- Lincoln Co. Forestry Association Scholarship – Applications available in the HS foyer. Student must major in Forestry or a Forestry /Natural Resources related field of study. Deadline is April 30.
- Mississippi Municipal League Scholarships -- Can apply for the MML General, MML Limited or MMSC Limited scholarships as they apply to you. MML is open to all HS seniors; MML Limited is for children or grandchildren of employees or elected officials of MS municipalities; MMSC Limited is for children or grandchildren of employees or elected officials of MS municipalities that are members of the MS Municipal Liability Plan. Application is in HS foyer. Deadline is May 3, 2019.
- Fannie Lee Lewis Scholarship -- GPA of 2.5 or higher; Christian character and behavior; Preferably majoring in education but not limited to that major; finanacial need considered. Deadline is May 6 to Mrs. Robin.
- Horatio Alger National Career & Technical Scholarship – For students pursing a career or technical certificate/degree. For more information and to apply go to http://scholars.horatioalger.org. Deadline is June 15, 2019.