Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017
Character Quality for the week of Dec 4 – Dec 8 – Attentiveness
Attentiveness - Showing the worth of a person by giving undivided attention to their words and emotions.
Health Tip of the Week: - Get Moving This Holiday Season! One third of American children are overweight. Help stay fit by walking, jogging, or running. Lead by example and help fight childhood obesity.
- Thursday, Dec 7 – Basketball – HOME – WL vs Salem – 5:00 8B/6:00 VG/7:30 VB (4:00 S. Rushing/Waltman)
Friday, Dec 8 – Basketball – AWAY – Lincoln Co. Invitational - TBA
RETAKES: Picture retakes are due back by TOMORROW.
KRISPY KREME: Powerlifting team will be taking orders for Krispy Kreme donuts until TOMORROW. Please see a member of the powerlifting team or Coach Bland to order. Donuts/certificates will be delivered Monday, Dec 18.
PIZZA SALES: The tennis team will be selling pizza at 1st break TODAY.
NACHO SALES: The Jr. Beta club will be selling nachos at 1st break TOMORROW.
LITTLE DEBBIE: The golf team is selling drinks and Little Debbie snack cakes for $1.
FFA: There will be a mandatory FFA meeting TONIGHT at 6:30 p.m.in Mrs. Myers’ room. Members need to bring their choice of cookies.
FOOD DRIVE: Last year we held a very successful canned food drive to help the victims of the Louisiana floods. The overwhelming response made West Lincoln the winner of the county schools' canned food drive competition. As reigning champs, we must defend our title while helping local families in need. Please bring canned food items to the following locations on campus: K-6th grade students will turn in their food items to their homeroom teachers. 7th -12th grade students will turn in their items to the following: 7th grade - Mrs. Spring, 8th grade - Coach Huey, 9th grade - Mrs. Sterling, 10th grade - Mrs. McEwen, 11th grade - Coach Smith, 12th grade - Mrs. Covington. Please keep these items in the designated rooms until they are picked up. The grade that collects the most items will be recognized via Schoolway and other official social media outlets. DEADLINE IS TODAY!
10 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS: Drawings will begin on December 4 and will end December 15. All prizes must be picked up at 601 Sports.
1ST SEMESTER EXAMS: If a student is not exempt, exams will be given on Dec 18-20. Exemptions will be announced on Friday, Dec 15. Students must be at school on the 15th in order to be exempt.
YEARBOOKS: Are on sale until Dec 20 for $60. Order forms may be picked up in either office or you may order online at balfour.com
CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS: There will be no school December 21 – January 3 for the Christmas holidays. School will resume on January 4.
- Taylor Presidential Scholarship (for Co-Lin bound students only) -- Criteria for this scholarship includes GPA/ACT, difficulty of courses taken in high school, financial need, leadership, honors and community service. Deadline is Feb. 1, 2018. See Mrs. Robin for applications.
- FASFA will be available beginning Oct 1.
- Grace Foundation Scholarship -- 2.5 GPA; 50 hours’ community service; deadline April 1, 2018; Applications in HS foyer
- Dixie Youth Baseball Scholarship -- Must have participated in Dixie Youth Baseball when 12 yrs. old or younger; Deadline April 1. Applications in HS foyer.
- MS Assoc of Supervisors Scholarship – Must have an immediate family member currently working for or retired from a MS county government (not a school district). Applications in the HS foyer. Deadline is March 1, 2018
.FCA: Friday at 7:30 in Coach Addison’s room.