Tuesday, Nov 14 2017
Character Quality for the week of Nov 13 - Nov 17 – Thoroughness
Thoroughness - Realizing that each of our tasks will be reviewed.
Health Tip of the Week: - Eat Healthy This Holiday Season! Eat more fruits and vegetables, less sugar, and fewer carbonated beverages and processed foods. Have regular family meals and be a good role model by eating healthy yourself.
- Tuesday, Nov 14 – Basketball – HOME – WL vs Franklin Co – 5:00 JVG/6:00 VG/7:30 VB (4:00 Webb/Scott)
- Friday, Nov 17 – Basketball – AWAY – WL vs Salem - 5:00 8G/6:00 VG/7:30 VB
NACHO SALES: Jr Beta will be selling nachos at 1st break on Thursday, Nov 16.
WORLD FINEST CHOCOLATE: Chocolate bars are on sale until FRIDAY for $1 each.
RETAKES: School picture retakes are scheduled for TOMORROW.
BETA CHEESE: Beta cheese will be delivered on MONDAY, NOV 27.
PROGRESS REPORTS: Go home on WEDNESDAY and are due back FRIDAY with a parent’s signature.
JR BETA: There will be a Jr. Beta meeting TODAY at 1st break in Mrs. Stephanie Noble’s room.
PTO: There will be a PTO meeting on Tuesday, Nov 28 at 3:30 in the library.
THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY: Thanksgiving holidays will be November 20-24.
BALFOUR: Mr. Box will be back on Monday, Dec 4 at 9:41 in the library to see any senior that still needs to order invitation supplies. An $80 deposit is required and extra packets are available in Mrs. Misty’s office.
10 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS: Booster Club will be selling chances on 10 separate drawings for 10 prizes from 601 Sports. Ticket holders are eligible for each day’s drawing, even if you win one day. The K-6 class that sells the most chances will win a pizza party! The 7-12 student that sells the most chances will win $50 cash! Forms are going home today and the deadline to purchase and turn in all money and forms is December 1. Drawings will begin on December 4 and will end December 15. All prizes must be picked up at 601 Sports. Please make checks payable to WL Booster Club. You may purchase your ticket from any West Lincoln student.
JINGLE JAM SHIRTS: Jingle jam shirts are on sale from now until FRIDAY! You can order a short sleeve for $12 or a long sleeve for $15. K-6 had forms go home on Friday, grades 7-12 may pick up an order form from the office. Please make checks payable to West Lincoln School.
JINGLE JAM: Please join us for an evening of Christmas carols on Monday, December 4 starting at 6:00 p.m. in the Jack Case Gymnasium. Concession will be available. If anyone or any group is interested in performing, please see Ms. Dedra.
YEARBOOKS: Are now on sale at the Early Bird price of $50 through November 17. After that date yearbooks will increase to $60 and be on sale Nov 27-Dec 20. Forms are going home with grades K-6 and grades 7-12 may pick up an envelope from either office or you may order online at balfour.com.
BEAUTY PAGEANT: The 2017-2018 West Lincoln Beauty/Beau Pageant will be Saturday, January 13 at Southwest Community College. K-6 will begin at 1:00 p.m. and 7-12 will begin at 6:00 p.m. K-2 packets have been sent home. Grades 3-6 may pick up packets from Mrs. Misty’s office and grades 7-12 may pick up packets at Mrs. Monica’s office. The entry fee is $50 and the deadline to register is November 30.
SENIOR DEADLINES: All senior ad information is due to Mrs. Webb by December 1, 2017. Ad space is on a first come, first serve basis.
SENIORS: **Thanksgiving Break is a good time to get going on scholarship applications and essays!!
- Taylor Presidential Scholarship (for Co-Lin bound students only) -- Criteria for this scholarship includes GPA/ACT, difficulty of courses taken in high school, financial need, leadership, honors and community service. Deadline is Feb. 1, 2018. See Mrs. Robin for applications.
- FASFA will be available beginning Oct 1.
- Grace Foundation Scholarship -- 2.5 GPA; 50 hours’ community service; deadline April 1, 2018; Applications in HS foyer
- Dixie Youth Baseball Scholarship -- Must have participated in Dixie Youth Baseball when 12 yrs. old or younger; Deadline April 1. Applications in HS foyer.
- MS Assoc of Supervisors Scholarship – Must have an immediate family member currently working for or retired from a MS county government (not a school district). Applications in the HS foyer. Deadline is March 1, 2018
.FCA: Friday at 7:30 in Coach Addison’s room.