Welcome to Loyd Star Attendance Center! We are a school community who cares deeply about meeting the needs of our student population and providing them with rigorous, standards-based instruction and a comprehensive educational program. Our community of learners are made up of outstanding students, an expert and dedicated staff of caring professionals, active and involved parents and a supportive community. We are committed to working together toward the success of all of the children at Loyd Star Attendance Center.
Loyd Star Attendance Center
1880 Highway 550 NW
Brookhaven, MS 39601
Robin Case, Principal
Loyd Star School Calendar 2012-2013 HERE
Current Events & Important InformationFor more Loyd Star news, CLICK HERE
- Parents: Please be advised that no student will receive credit for any summer school classes taken without prior written permission from the school principal.
- Senior Awards Program is Monday, May 20 in the school cafetorium beginning at 6:30 p.m. Seniors, don't forget to turn in your memory boards to the office.
- Grades 7-11 Awards Program will be in the school gymnasium on Tuesday, May 21 at 6:30 p.m.
- The Athletic Banquet will be on May 22 at 6:00 at the Lincoln Civic Center. Tickets for guests will be available in the high school office of $15.00.
- Graduation is Thursday, May 23 at 6:30 p.m. on the football field.
- Congratulations to this year's Valedictoria: Natalie Smith and Salutatorian: Kaitlyn Rhoads. Seniors who have completed all their classwork and want to know honor graduate status can come by Mrs. Redd's office.
- Congratulations to our Hornet Baseball team on their great season! Goooooooooo Hornets!
- Class of 2014 - You were given, on Tuesday, May 14th, all the information you need regarding yearbook requirements for next school year. PLEASE pay attention to details and let Ms. Davis know if you have any questions. All senior pics will need to be taken no later than early July so that you can get them in to yearbook sponsors by the August 1st deadline. Thanks so much.
- Seniors: If you are attending college, bring an acceptance letter, class schedule or some form of contact from the colelge you are atteding to Mrs. Carlene in the counselor's office to have your name put in the drawing for one of two laptops to be given away by the Loyd Star Foundation.
- LS Varsity Cheer 5K Spirit Run/Walk is Saturday, June 1. If you preregister for $20 you will get a t-shirt. Entry forms in office lobby.
- Girls soccer tryouts will be Wednesday, 5/15 after school. Location TBA.
- Class t-shirt forms can be picked up in the office lobby. The last day to order will be the last day of school. No late orders will be taken.
- Seniors: You can take summer classes beginning in June at Colin or the college of your choice if you want to go ahead and get started on your college education. If you have questions about this come by Mrs. Redd's office.
- SATP Scores: Students in grade 9-11 who would like their SATP scores mailed to them this summer need to bring a self adressed stamped envelope to the counselor's office before the end of the school year. To ensure the correct test scores are sent to the correct student, make sure the envelope is adressed to the student, not the parent.
- Lunch Money Owed: All students that owe lunch charges will be given peanut butter and jelly sandwiches until their entire charge is paid in full.
- Senior MS Scholars: You can start tuning in your 20 hours of community service to Mrs. Redd to complete you MS Scholar status.
- Senior Scholarships:
- The Lincoln County Forestry Assoc. is funding a scholarship for a graduating senior this year with a major in forestry or a forestry related field of study. Applications can be picked up in the counselor's office and must be received no later than May 31, 2013.
- Online opportunities for scholarships may be available at http://www.esfweb.com/?page_id=1898 This website breaks scholarships down into four categories to make searching easier: 1)Private & Outside scholarships, 2)Scholarship search engines, 3)MS two-year institutions scholarships, 4)MS four-year institutions scholarships.
- Caretenders Scholarship Program - www.armstrongretirementhomes.ca (Deadline May 31, 2013)
- LM Scholarship - www.forklifttrainingcalgary.com (Deadline May 31, 2013)
- Rogers Community Voulnteer Scholarship - www.southsurreydentists.com (deadline June 1, 2013)
- Sedary & Associates Scholarship - www.coquitlamlawyers.ca (deadline June 15, 2013)
- Lift Parts Express Scholarship - www.forkliftpartsflorida.com (deadline June 30, 2013)
- ACT Rule: Any student who registers for the ACT must now upload a picture to actstudent.org and print it on their admission ticket to be admitted to the ACT. Students who do not have this picture printed on their admission ticket will NOT be allowed to enter the testing room on the ACT testing date.
- Upcoming Events:
- July 26, 2013 (Friday) - 8:30-2:30 New Student Registration at LS
- July 29 & 30, 2013 (Monday & Tuesday)- Grades 9-12 can pick up schedules from 8:00 - 3:00
- July 30 & 31, 2013 (Tuesday & Wednesday) - 8:30 to 11:30 and 1:00-2:30 will be the dates and times students can request schedule changes. No changes will be made unless there is a definite need.
- August 1, 2013 (Thursday) - Deadline for Senior yearbook ads, casual and baby pics. Come to Ms. Davis's room to turn in everything from 3:00 - 6:00 p.m. The Class of 2014 recieved information sheets on May 14, 2013 regarding the specifics of turning in these requirements.
- August 6, 2013 (Tuesday)- First Day Students come to school and Grades 7 & 8 will receive their schedules on this day.